- Reflect on morning prayer.
- What am I thankful for?
- What is my goal of the day?
- I’ve kinda been putting off writing for the past day or so… In the past, I have been one to ignore my problems and pretend everything is fine only for them to bottle up and unleash in an unhealthy way. So, I gave myself a day and I am ready to talk. We had to let go of our family dog, Lexi, on Monday, July 31st. I intended to go to support my mom but it was much harder for myself than I thought it would be. She was a 14 year old Great Dane which is pretty much unheard of. The hardest part was that she wasn’t ready to go. Her soul was still an energetic puppy; trying to adventure through the vet’s office and giving us lots of kisses and cuddles. But, she was dragging around the back half of her body and sometimes her entire body would collapse. All of her joints were extremely swollen and scabbed. Numerous organs were giving up. Her body failed her. I know that she has moved on to the next chapter and we will all see her again. She is free from pain.
I am a firm believer that animals have souls. I lost my cat this last January. I had her for 17 years. We grew up together. She was my guardian angel. We had an unspoken bond that I will always cherish. I know how incredibly hard this is for my mom. She confided in me her worries about Lexi: if she did the right thing, if Lexi was in pain, and if she was happy the last 2 weeks… I knew exactly what she was feeling and thinking and in that moment I was able to comfort her and ease her mind.
This loss has made me think about the purpose of God creating a physical world at all. Why not just have us all hang out happy and free from hardships in heaven? Is it because He wants to establish His own relationship? Is it to give us the chance to choose Him over this physical world of temptations? Is it so we may create relationships? Is it so He could give His creation identity? Was it so He didn’t have to be alone? I can’t speak for God. It is frustrating not having so many answers but if I did I guess that would make me God. I suppose I will have to settle for asking my questions when I die. God is an unfathomable force and power.
It will never be enough time with our loved ones. I can’t wait for the day we all reunite and can say we made it and never have to say goodbye ever again ❤
Rest in Peace Lexi ❤ You are so missed and loved. Thank you for being apart of our family.
2. I am thankful that my best friend is finally home! Ah it’s so surreal to be back together
3. I would like to get a July favorites posted! Let me know if you all would be interested??